Department history is inextricably linked with the history of training engineers heating engineer at the Kiev Polytechnic Institute and of its units that conducted this training in the early years of the institute.
The need for training engineers heating engineer, as the opening in 1898.. Kiev Polytechnic Institute as a whole, defined needs of industrial development of the south end of the XIX century. In all industries, and especially in the sugar industry, in industries related to the processing of leather, wool, flax, hemp, railway and water transport were extremely useful mechanical engineers generalists, including mechanics boilers and machinery, engines combustion, heating and ventilation systems, different thermal heating plants, machinery, equipment, locomotives and t. e.
The names and status of the department changed, reflecting the repeated changes of paradigm of higher education, views on areas of training, specialties nomenclatures and these changes are caused by structural reorganization of the Kiev Polytechnic Institute (KPI).
In the first year of the KPI created Department of Applied Mechanics and mechanical technology in the mechanical department, providing basic training thermo mechanical engineers and engineers over twenty years, a clear division of mechanical technology for machining metals and Heating Technology in the 1920s and later (1930) the allocation of a separate wide-heat engineering specialty.
In 1930 the Supreme Council of National Economy (Supreme Economic Council) USSR approved the decision to create industrial institutions based on university faculties Polytechnical Institute. According to the order of the Supreme Economic Council of 20.03.1930 p. CPI was disbanded, and the order number 1240 of 17.04.1930 p. Based on KPI created eight independent industry institutions.
From 1930 to 1934, when the CPI was disaggregated into eight industry institutions (Engineering, Energy, Chemical Engineering, etc.), Power system engineers prepared for the Department of the Faculty of heating power system (formed in 1931). Kiev Energy Institute (KEI) and the department of engineering parotehniky Kiev Institute (KMBI).
Expectations concerning the reorganization, partly true. Preparation, especially fundamental, specialists in large polytechnic university was much better than the smaller, subordinate to various departments, branch institutes. So in June 1934 Resolution of the Government institutions KMBI, KEI and KHTI that were placed in the buildings KPI were united in Kyiv Industrial Institute (until 1938 h im. Postysheva PP) All-Union Committee for Higher School of CPC Soviet Union, which lasted until July 1944 Merging into one branch institutes - industrial (KII) - KEI Thermotechnical Department was merged with Faculty of Electrical Engineering in the Faculty of single energy KII. Under the Charter of the Institute of the faculty of the department included such heat Profile: thermal power plants, steam engines, boilers, heat engineering theoretical bases (TOT). In fact, since the organization in 1934 TOT department begins to exist independent unit, which further developed and transformed into the current chair of theoretical and industrial heat.
In 1937, TOT Department was renamed the Department of Theoretical and general heat engineering.
In 1938 Thermotechnical department was again highlighted in a separate department KII for training engineers in "Heat Engines and installation of industrial thermal energy." One of the six majors this specialty specialty was "Teploustatkuvannya industrial enterprises."
Since 1938 the history department is closely connected with the history of heat (thermal power then) Department. Between now and 1941 the Department of Theoretical and general heat engineering, together with other departments of the Faculty of KII heat conducted extensive work to improve the educational process, expansion of existing and creation of new material base for training (laboratories, classrooms) increase the number of objects of different practices profile and so on. p.
Scientific research department staff during this period aimed at streamlining operating thermal management businesses sugar, chemical and textile industries. Past these companies numerous thermal test equipment revealed and use of energy reserves that had not been used, more economical use of fuel, intensify work and heat-exchange equipment.
Formation and development department were interrupted by World War II. After the treacherous attack June 22, 1941 Nazi Germany on the USSR Institute at the end of June 1941 received an order to prepare for evacuation, and in early July by the government evacuation KII in. Tashkent, which lasted until mid-August. As part of 103 teachers of the Institute was evacuated in. Department of Tashkent and TOT, which included the period from September 1941 to August 1944 of the Faculty of Energy Central Asian Industrial Institute (SAII). The work of the Department of General SAII Thermal Engineering, headed by Professor MA Kychyhin, preparation engineers combined with the help of industry. Training was conducted mainly in the evening and daytime performed important folk - chores. Students, teachers and staff evacuated mounted equipment companies working in the fields, etc.
MA Kychyhin engaged rationalization thermal management of sugar factories were evacuated from the Ukraine, Uzbekistan and power.
After the liberation of Kyiv November 6, 1943 turned work to revive the institution. Already in November 1943 was begun registration faculty, staff and students returning to college. In the second half of January 1944 started working set selection committee of students for the first course and restore the senior courses organized preparatory courses for people with incomplete secondary education. By order of the Government of February 15, 1944 began the preparatory class and second-fifths of course. On the same day the general meeting of the Institute staff dedicated to the 45th anniversary of the Institute. In July 1944 the Institute returns its name - Kyiv Polytechnic Institute. In August 1944 returned to evacuate the bulk of the institute's staff (faculty Thermotechnical - September) and the first in October 1944 began a new school year (according to some of 17/11/1944 p.).
In June 1945 SNK adopted a resolution, which was determined by a rapid recovery and further development of KPI.
Actively involved in the work and managed MA Kychyhinym Department of Theoretical and general heat, serving learning process not only for thermo department but in other departments, which taught heating, as general engineering discipline.
In 1946 formed mainly of KPI graduates returning from the front or the evacuation, the department staff, who defined her face in the next 30 years. In the early postwar years, major efforts have been directed the department to create normal conditions for the educational process and preparation really highly qualified engineers. Professor MA Kychyhin elected in 1945 and dean of the faculty is headed by heating it to 1951. Created laboratory technical thermodynamics and heat transfer, established close relations with industry, design and research institutes, organizations, resumes active research work.
Staff in 1948 Stand: Romanov S., Kleschova MP, Faynzylberh C.N., Stogniy M.I.Sydyat: Veneraki IE, Berkut AD, MA Kychyhin , Kostenko GN
In 1951, in accordance with the decision of the Government at the Department begins training of engineers in "Industrial power". Department renamed the Department of Pure and industrial heat (TPT). This name it retains to this day. The acute need for this specialty shots caused a large number of students on the first set of her - up to 100 people. Today this profession is taken annually by 50 people in full-time education at state budgetary basis. The first issue of engineers promteploenerhetykiv held in 1956. To solve this problem the department staff prepared new curricula, spetsdystsypliny thermal power cycle, subject of course and degree projects, methodological support disciplines and projects. In a short period was completed the design and construction of educational laboratory promteploenerhetyky purchased major equipment introduced in the educational process 12 laboratory tasks. By the 1954/1955 academic year, almost all of Restoration Institute was completed. In 50 years there are regular changes in the structure of the Institute, accompanied by the appearance at the Department additional teaching load and new teachers.
Staff in 1957 r. Sydyat: S. Romanov, Butuzov AI, Romanenko SV, MV Tsarenko, Veneraki IE, Chebotaryev VA Stand: in the first row Varlamenko A. Tooth MM, Belyaev EN, Smoharzhevska LA, Faynzylberh SN, Kravtsov IF, Stogniy NI; in the second row Budker SG, Jura SK, Alabovskyy AN, the sick IA, Pylypko MK person not established.
Chair activity in this period was aimed at improving the quality of teaching accordance with Resolution CM USSR and the Central Committee of 30/08/1954 p. "Improving the preparation, distribution and use of specialists with higher and secondary specialized education." One of them was the elimination of over-specialization and training of specialists over generalists. This requirement was due to the revision of curricula and programs of disciplines, not only in "Industrial power", but those professions for which the heating engineer general engineering discipline is taught as a lecturer. An important event in the development of the department was the organization in 1959 by decree of the Council of Ministers (№214 from 02.28.1959 g.) Industrial research laboratory for industrial power system, later reorganized the department of power system problem laboratory heat transfer and gas dynamics CPI (organized in 1957 . under the direction of Corresponding Member of USSR Academy of Sciences Tolubinskoho VI). The laboratory is equipped with modern equipment, research stands that allow for large-scale scientific research. Crystallizes orientation studies are the first research group led by leading teachers of the department (Butuzov AI Faynzylberh SN, Veneraki Y.Э., Alabovskyy AN Tsarenko NV.). In late 1958 g. The USSR Supreme Soviet adopted a law "On strengthening ties with the life of the school and the further development of public education in the USSR", according to which in 1959/1960 academic year began restructuring higher shkoly.U 1961 adopted resolution CM USSR CPSU "on measures to improve the training of scientists and scientific personnel" and 1964h. "On further improvement of Higher and Secondary Special Education part-time and evening." According to these regulations from 1964/1965 academic year training period was set KPI 5 years and 6 months. There has been a lot of work to substantially improve curriculum specialty, view the list of programs and training courses in accordance with the latest science and technology topics course and degree projects. Growing practical training of students, the duration of the practice in the third and fourth years have up to 8 weeks. Much attention is paid to the mechanization of the educational process, methodical training of young teachers, teachers Rising vzayemovidviduvannya all occupations, conducted special registers vzayemovidviduvan classes with analysis and concrete proposals for their improvement.
In 1964 at the Department of TPT begins preparing research qualified through graduate school in "Theoretical fundamentals of heating." The leading teachers of the department have the right leadership in scientific work of graduate students. The first graduate student was MK Bezrodnyi (graduate department in 1963, now PhD, Professor, Head of the Department). Department replenished by young researchers, mostly graduates of the Department. There the correspondent graduate, graduate tsilovyky-directed from other republics of the former USSR, and later - and graduate students from foreign countries. The active research work, dramatically increasing the volume of publications, expanding contacts with industry, in which orders every year an increasing number of scientific papers. The main scientific work carried out at the Department sixty years have been devoted to the study of patterns of heat and mass transfer and hydrodynamics in the field of action of centrifugal forces, electrolyzers, immersed in the apparatus of combustion (Azg) in vodooprisnyuvalnyh installations in the drying process. Also studied the thermal properties of insulating materials developed at the department, various materials generated during electrolysis operation, developed and introduced new designs of heat insulation, the scientific basis of designing AZH.U this period expanded and strengthened relations department with academic institutions and Engineering Thermophysics gas.
In 1971 the Institute was headed by Corresponding Member of the USSR Academy of Sciences GI Denisenko. Since his arrival in the life of the Institute and the Department started to be significant changes. Intensively developed material and technical base, increasing the scale application of scientific works, increasing their efficiency, introduce new methods to improve the quality of the educational process (structural logic relationship of educational disciplines, scientific and technical creativity of students, a wide involvement of individual work with students of academic staff and graduate students, six main activities of the department, tehnizovani audience, etc.). The most important driving factors of creative activity of members of the department is internally undergraduate competition between departments and, in particular, competition for exemplary unit.
In 1974 entered into operation the first stage of the new building №5 heat power faculty, which is based on 1970 Department of occupied her individual rooms in different buildings Institute (№1, №6, separate laboratory building) peredyslokovuyetsya in a new building. Again there and successfully solved the problem associated with the reproduction of teaching and laboratory and laboratory research department bases, development and retrofit buildings that department takes up to date. To solve these problems a great contribution made by teaching and support staff of the department, managed during this period N. Stogniy and YA.YE. Trokozom and staff research units of the department. Created laboratory theoretical foundations heat, industrial heat, massage diploma and course design, cathedral room equipped with various technical facilities, examination-preachy machines, programmable calculators and so on. N. It cathedral fund slides, slides, slides and educational films.
Prior to the meeting the Chair 1986 Dolinsky AA Market TO, Minakovskyy VM, Bezrodnyi MK, Alabovskyy AN Wild MO, Jura SK, tow P . P., MK Pylypko
In 1982 the Department provided the title "Model Unit" (Minutes №4 of 5.04.82h.) With the presentation of diplomas. By 1986 Department of TPT led learning process not only for heat power department, but also in other faculties Institute graduates are studying a heating engineer general engineering discipline with the peculiarities of their specialties. In 1986 for the maintenance of schools was established Department of chief of general heat, which is not part of the TEF. Members of this department was staffed by teachers, teaching and support staff, researchers and engineers that stood out from the department TPT. All members of this group - students of scientific and pedagogical school, whose foundations were laid at the Department of TPT PhD, associate professor of IE Veneraki. The focus of the volume, the content, the importance of scientific work performed by the group allowed its employees to continue on this basis to protect a number of candidate and two doctoral dissertations. VI Deshko and EM Panov become professors. Since 1995 at the Department trains engineers in "Industrial power and energy efficiency." In 1996 the first graduates of Bachelor energy transition to training which required considerable efforts of all staff of the department. In 1998 released the first bachelors power distance learning, started training engineers specializing 7.0905.10 "Power system."
Staff in 1998. From left to right seated: Antsev BV, Jura SK, Barefoot VV Bezrodnyi MK, Wild MO, Minakovskyy VM Bozhenka MF .; Standing: Orlyanskiy VV, VV Nevhod, PP tow, Fat VP Havin SA, Down II, Varlamov GB, AS Gavrish, KN GG
Since 2001, the department is preparing masters in specialty 8.090510 "Power system." In the same year was begun training on specific plans and programs bachelors and specialists on the basis of educational qualification of junior specialist, which is more discussed below. Completed in 2001 ... 2005 research has been devoted mainly to the study of heat and mass transfer processes in phase transformations in two-phase systems paroridynnyh, opportunities for their intensification and development in this new resource-based heat exchange equipment.
The work carried out both by means of the state budget and contractual bases for regular employees and part-time teachers who have worked and are working in these research units of the Department: Research Department Thermodistillation and intensification of heat transfer (director - State Prize of Ukraine, Ph.D. Professor VG Rifert); research laboratory of heat and mass transfer in a heat engine (head - Laureate of the State Prize of Ukraine, Professor MA Wild) scientific - research laboratory apparatus and heat and mass units (director - State Prize of Ukraine, Ph.D., Associate Professor Barabash PA); scientific - research laboratory thermal methods of wastewater treatment (head - Ph.D., Senior AJ King). Work carried out on such important areas: Clean Energy and resource saving technologies; health; production, processing and preservation of agricultural products; new technologies and resource-saving technologies in energy, industry and agriculture. We know that the state of the economy, people's living conditions, the solution of social problems and many other aspects of existence is dependent on the level of state and energy in general and energy efficiency in particular. The works have been performed and performed at the department in these areas, aimed at creating new technical solutions and innovative technologies that provide significant energy savings, improved performance enerhoekolohichnyh equipment.
Staff in 2012.
Staff in 2014.